One of our hot favourites, the Bhut Jolokia by Melbourne Hot Sauce is clearly intended for the chilli-heads who can handle the heat. This sauce is the absolute epitome of hot and holds a big surprise in for even the least expecting hothead. Serving its purpose excellently in marinades and as a drizzle for side dishes, this hot sauce also works well in dips and as an extra heap of heat in almost any chilli recipe. Think you can handle it?
Today's recipe from House of Scoville's recipe is our 'Hot-as-hell' Guacamole served as a salsa with chips or nachos
Yields: 5 cups
- 4 ripe avocados
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 3 ripe tomatoes, chopped
- ½ cup minced onion (preferably red)
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 3 tablespoons cilantro, minced
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 dash of Bhut Jolokia sauce by Melbourne Hot Sauce
- Cut the avocados in half, lengthwise, pit and scoop out the insides.
- Mash with the back of a spoon until chunky.
- Stir in remaining ingredients and add a daring dash of Melbourne Hot Sauce's Bhut Jolokia.
- That's it!
This guacamole is best served immediately with chips or nachos, and enjoyed on the same day.
Warning: No leftovers allowed so incite your chilli-head friends to a violently hot challenge to finish the salsa before they leave to siesta!
Feel free to share feedback and even pictures in the comment section below!